Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monday, April 26

I have been sick, so there hasn't been much to smile about over the past week. However, I also realize that this blog is what helps me recognize those things that will make me smile, so I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things!

Rose #1: I attended my district's transfer fair today which gave me the opportunity to email with principals from other high schools in my district in case I decide I want to make a move. I only interviewed with one high school, the one closest to where I live, and it was fantastic. It really helped boost my confidence. You know how you feel when you have a really good interview? Like, oh, I am good at this! That's exactly how I felt, and I have to say, it's really improved my attitude. I was pretty cheerful on my way to work today.....which might have been more of a result of the fact that Adam bought me the Glee: Power of Madonna cd last night & I listened to it all the way to work! But, anyways, the interview was a really great experience for me and I'm proud of myself for following through.

Rose #2: My homebound student is doing so well! We are preparing for a big test in history and I decided that if I was going to be a good teacher, I better know the stuff better than her, so I went through the test she'll be taking and found all of the answers and read through different sections of the book so I could help explain things to her. She'll take the test today (Tuesday) and I can't wait to see how she does!

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today!

No comments:

Post a Comment