Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday, March 15

Rose #1: I attended an IEP meeting today for a student I have who suffers from a severe lack of a short-term memory. He has always struggled with writing, but for this most recent IEP meeting, we were able to eliminate the writing goal, as he has reached it. It felt good during the meeting to know that he is making so much progress on his writing and his academic goals in my class. He's not very self-confident, especially since he knows that he has this "disability" that he can't do anything about. I felt good knowing that something I'm doing is working, and I felt motivated to try to do even more.

Rose #2: One of my students who exercises an inconsistent amount of effort in the classroom came up to me today to show me his poetry project. The project was assigned last week and students have two full class periods to work on it. The rest they have to complete on their own. This student showed me how much he had done and, while his project didn't look like MY project would, if I did one, he has definitely put a lot of effort into it, and some of that effort had to go on outside of school. I'm really excited to see his final project, and I'm hopeful that he doesn't quit.

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today!

No comments:

Post a Comment