Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tuesday, March 2

Rose #1: Today, my freshmen students wrote odes. I wish I could post them all here, but some wouldn't be that funny to all of you, given that you don't know my students. What I do want to include here is a "bode," which is the name I came up with for an ode to something bad, or something that you don't like.

"Bode to My Four-Wheeler"

You may be fast, but piss me off
I fix you when you'r ebroke
I ride you, and I clean you
I dry you, and I feed you

When we ride I go through mud
You bottom out so we go no where
YOu get stuck and dig two ruts
Only to find out this really sucks

I pop your clutch in second gear
We pop wheelies in the air
Then come down and only to find
Your chain on the ground in a twine

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today!

No comments:

Post a Comment