Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tuesday, March 16

Rose #1: Today was tornado drill day in Virginia. Because we are housed in trailers, for tornado drills, we have to go over to the high school which is across two parking lots from us. As you can imagine, my students despise doing this because they realize that if there was really a tornado, we wouldn't have advanced warning so that we could walk casually over to the high school. However, they were EXTREMELY well-behaved. In fact, the students from the high school were much more poorly behaved, in my opinion, and the drill ended up lasting longer than it was supposed to because the other students weren't in place on time. I was proud of my kids. (Also, during the tornado drill, I got to see one of my students from last year who transferred back to that high school. That was DEFINITELY a bright spot in my day because I really miss her!)

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today!

No comments:

Post a Comment