Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Roses (& thorns)

My idea in starting this blog came from the game "Roses & Thorns." If you're not familiar with the game, it can be played in a few different ways, but, basically, at the end of the day, you can sit down and think, "What's the best thing that happened today?," and that's your rose. The worst thing that happened would be your thorn.

Sometimes, being a teacher, it's hard to look on the brightside of things. Lately, it seems like we are given less compensation to do more work. Because teaching is what I want to do, I've realized I need to look for and appreciate those bright moments in my days at school.

So, my promise is this: Every weekday, I will post at least one school-related rose from my day. Hopefully, if there are any other teachers reading this out there, my roses will help you notice those bright spots in your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment