Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday, January 27

Rose #1: It's another one rose day. Still being held back by whatever is going on with my sinuses! Today, my fellow staff members threw me a surprise birthday party. I had been feeling pretty down because my birthday is over winter break and we didn't celebrate it this year. We usually make a big deal about birthdays because we have such a small staff. My principal emailed us all today to tell us he needed to meet with us after school for just a minute, so I walked over to the meeting. I sat down and a minute later, the guidance counselor walked in with a cake and my friend Jamie walked in with balloons! Everyone was singing happy birthday and for a minute I was SO confused because I knew I hadn't signed a birthday card for anyone. Then I realized we were celebrating my birthday! I'm smiling about it now as I type this little story. It was really just what I needed during this crazy week of exams & sickness! Many thanks to my colleagues :)

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment