Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday, January 14

"Where you tend a rose, a thistle cannot grow." - The Secret Garden

Rose #1: The sun is shining! Because my school consists of three double-wide trailers, I have to walk to get to lunch. That meant I got about five minutes of time in the sunshine today, which is more than I probably would have if I taught in a regular high school where I could walk to lunch inside.

Rose #2: I get to spend my afternoon with some really neat students I work with through Key Club. We have a meeting after school followed by the Winter Rally for our district. It's wonderful that I get to spend time outside of school with students because it gives us an opportunity to get to know each other a little better, and it tends to improve their effort on classwork and their behavior in class.

Rose #3: My principal is nice enough to extend us the professional courtesy of letting us leave campus during our planning period. This afternoon, at the beginning of my planning period, I drove to Starbucks and used a gift card a student gave me for the holidays to get myself a delicious treat!

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment