Friday, February 19, 2010

Thursday, February 18

Rose #1: My senior student I was talking about last week who I've struggled with but seem to be making strides with lately came in to my room early yesterday morning. Students generally have to stand outside after they get to school and before school starts in the morning. Sometimes they don't like standing in the cold, so if they have permission from a teacher, they can sit in a classroom. He didn't have permission from me, but he came in, sat down, and put his head down, for about 20 minutes before class started. It showed me that he feels more and more comfortable with me which makes me really happy.

Rose #2: My students wrote funny poems yesterday. Most students chose to write haikus. Here are some examples:

I was ice skating
I pushed a kid on his face
He stood, fell again

When I stuffed my face
It felt like I had a lump
Then I took a dump

Great grey globs of gnarling gruel,
Is what they serve in jail.
They serve it in a bucket,
In a bowl or in a pail.
It's full of chunks, it's full of globs,
It causes all those angry mobs.

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Those poems are fantastic! I literally laughed out loud at the second one.

    ReplyDelete