Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday, February 24

Rose #1: I showed Frankenstein in my first class today. I've never seen it, and the students haven't read it, but they did read another short story by Mary Shelley, "The Mortal Immortal." We were watching the movie because I want students to do some fiction writing in this style. For maybe the first time all year, 10 out of my 11 senior students stayed awake for the ENTIRE class. It was incredible.

Rose #2: I got to play vocabulary BINGO with two of my classes today. I always like to play games with them, and I think it helped them review. My freshmen students REALLY got into it.

Rose #3: My sophomore students and I discussed symbolism in Lord of the Flies. They are becoming such thoughtful readers. I was expecting it to be a pretty boring, not very fruitful, discussion, but they really understood symbolism!

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today!

No comments:

Post a Comment