Friday, February 26, 2010

Thursday, February 25

Rose #1: This rose might last me for a while. I write pretty frequently about one of my students with autism. This is another rose from him! During our discussion of limericks yesterday, his eyes lit up. He told me he knew a limerick & he wanted to recite it out loud for the class. He remembered it word for word; he heard it on an episode of Spongebob Square Pants, but it still counts. Then, we talked about epitaphs, and he told us about when he and his family went to Disneyworld and how one of the attractions had fake gravestones outside of it. He remembered some of the funny epitaphs and shared them with the class. Then, I told the student we were going to watch an episode of The Twilight Zone and he lit up and clapped! It was such a great class for him and for me.

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today!

1 comment: