Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday, February 16

Rose #1: More great poetry today! My students wrote concrete poems today, which are poems that take or make the shape of an object. One of my students made an amazing one in the shape of a hot air balloon and then was able to recreate it on the computer. It's amazing!

Rose #2: Some of my students really rocked out on their chapter 2 quiz for Lord of the Flies, including one student who got a 100% who usually scores around a C or a D.

I hope you stopped to smell the roses.

1 comment:

  1. I am an English Minor, and I am sad that you don't enjoy poetry! I was super excited when you said your students were doing well with it, and then even MORE excited when you began to share about concrete poetry! I <3 concrete poetry and I'm glad that your students are doing so well with it! Sounds like you had a good day, I actually decided that today was a great day as well, and I even had a meeting! I always smile after reading your posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete