Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday, February 9

Rose #1: Today, my students were doing a pre-reading activity for Lord of the Flies. One of the questions asked students to name someone they know who is "good." One of my students chose me. :)

Rose #2: My freshmen students are studying poetry. Today, they were assigned to do some brainstorming and pre-writing for a "color poem." Some students asked if they could write about a season, a month, a sport, or a hobby instead, and I said of course! One student chose to write about skateboarding. He was SO excited about what he came up with and it wasn't even his final poem yet! I love seeing my kids take pride in their writing.

Rose #3: My students are preparing for their state writing test in early March. I've been keeping a few kids after school several days a week to do some remediation. One student is improving so much. When we do practice tests in class, he is consistently scoring higher and higher and I really expect him to score very well on the test. It's exciting, as a teacher, to see your work pay off.

I hope you stopped to smell the roses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment